The Washington State Board of Accountancy is working to embed the PEAR framework in all agency decision making and actions.
We are committed to reframing our agency to work in a way that reduces disparities and improves equitable and just outcomes for everyone now and in the future. Our goal is to create a culture that centers pro-equity, racial justice, access, and belonging.
Governor Jay Inslee signed Executive Order 22-04 which included:
Creating The Washington State Office of Equity
The newly created Washington Office of Equity was established by the legislature because:
- The population has become increasingly diverse
- Marginalized communities do not have the same opportunities
- Inequities based on race, ethnicity, gender, and the other characteristics continue to be pervasive and come at great economic and social cost
Everyone in Washington has full access to the opportunities, power, and resources they need to flourish and achieve their full potential.
To promote equitable access to opportunities, power, and resources across government that reduce disparities and improve outcomes statewide.
The Office of Equity is charged with the implementation of Executive Order 22-04, which includes:
- Helping agencies meet their reporting requirements
- Holding the agencies accountable for compliance with the order
- Reporting compliance to the Legislature and the Governor
Declaring Washington An Anti-racist State
In the Governor’s words from Executive Order 22-04: Washington is a state where all are welcomed and will have the opportunity to thrive regardless of race, ethnicity, creed, color, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, or the presence of sensory, mental, or physical disability.
Watch for further content, information, and our progress reported here.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org