Board Rule Making 2019: Quality Assurance Review (QAR)
After holding a public Rule Making hearing on October 18, 2019, the Board amended the following rule:
- WAC 4-30-130 What are the quality assurance review (QAR) requirements for licensed CPA firms?
The Board amended the rule to:
- Rename the rule
- Eliminate the thirty-day notification requirement for peer review
- Require participation in the AICPA Facilitated State Board Access (FSBA) program
- Correct reference numbers to various WAC sections and subsections where the numbers have changed or been eliminated
The Board’s Rule Making Order (CR-103) is available:
- Online through the Washington State Register – WSR 19-22-005
- By email request to the Board at email@example.com
The changes will take effect January 1, 2020.