CPA Firm License Renewal
CPA firms must renew their license by April 30 every three years.
Renew a CPA firm license:
- Register or log into Secure Access Washington (SAW) - click here for detailed instructions
- Complete online application
- Pay all applicable fees
- Meet all Board requirements for renewal
If you fail to renew your firm by April 30th, you will be charged an additional fee of $100. Failing to renew by June 30th in the year that your firm license expires will result in an automatic firm dissolution.
Dissolve a CPA firm license:
- By using the Board's Online Services, you may select to have your firm dissolve immediately or at the end of your renewal cycle, or
- By using the Dissolution form. Submission of this form will dissolve your firm license the day the application is received and processed.
Once the firm has been dissolved:
Washington State statute, Chapter 18.04.345(3) Revised Code of Washington (RCW), states: “No firm with an office in this state may practice public accounting in this state or assume or use the designation “certified public accountant” or “CPA” or any other title, designation, words, letters, abbreviation, sign, card, or device tending to indicate that the firm is composed of certified public accountants or CPAs, unless the firm is licensed under RCW 18.04.195 and all offices of the firm in this state are maintained and registered under RCW 18.04.205. (4) No firm may perform the services defined in RCW 18.04.025 (1) (a), (c), (d) for client with its home office in this state unless the firm is licensed under RCW 18.04.195, renews the firm license as required under RCW 18.04.215, and all offices of the firm in this state are maintained and registered under RCW 18.04.205.