Making CPA Firm Changes
Submit a firm amendment
- Register with or log into our online services.
- Complete an online firm amendment.
- Pay any applicable fees.
Firm amendment requirements
A licensed CPA firm must submit an amendment for any of the following events:
- Admission or departure of a licensee owner.
- Any change in the name of the firm.
- Change in the resident managing licensee of the main office in this state.
- Change in the resident managing licensee of any branch office of the firm.
Changes in the legal entity of the firm
If a licensed CPA firm changes its legal entity, the firm must apply for a new firm license. To do so:
- Meet all requirements for licensure.
- Create a new SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account for the new CPA firm license.
- Apply for a new initial CPA firm license using our online services.
- Pay all applicable fees.
Time to notify the Board
A licensed CPA firm has 90 days from the date of the reportable event to come into compliance before additional action will be taken by the Board. To notify the Board of changes, the firm must submit a firm amendment.