You are here

Home » Firm Licensing » Making CPA Firm Changes

Making CPA Firm Changes

Submit a firm amendment

  1. Register with or log into your current Secure Access Washington (SAW) account.
  2. Complete an online firm amendment.
  3. Pay any applicable fees.

Firm amendment requirements

A licensed CPA firm must submit an amendment:

  • Admission or departure of a licensee owner.
  • Any change in the name of the firm.
  • Change in the resident managing licensee of the main office in this state.
  • Change in the resident managing licensee of any branch office of the firm.

Changes in the legal entity of the firm

If a licensed CPA firm changes its legal entity, the firm must apply for a new firm license. To do so:

  1. Create a new Secure Access Washington (SAW) account for the new CPA firm license.
  2. Apply for a new CPA firm license using our online initial firm license application.
  3. Pay all applicable fees.
  4. Meet all Board requirements for licensure.

Time to notify the Board

A licensed CPA firm has 90 days from the date of the reportable event to come into compliance before additional action will be taken by the Board.  To notify the Board of changes, the firm must submit a firm amendment.