- Complete the required Continuing Professional Education (CPE) by December 31 the year prior to the expiration of your credential.
- Log in to your online account through SecureAccess Washington and complete a renewal application.
- Pay renewal fee:
- The fee for renewal is $230.
- After April 30, renewal applications must include a $100 late fee.
- During your online renewal application you will be prompted to enter the Washington State Ethics course you completed.
- You will only submit your CPE documentation, if you are notified that you have been selected for CPE audit.
- You must keep your records for three years after the end of the reporting period for which the credit was claimed.
If you do not renew or retire by June 30, your credential will:
- Require reinstatement
You may not use the title CPA or CPA-Inactive or exercise the privileges related to those titles if your credential is lapsed.