All credentialed individuals must renew between January 1 and April 30 every three years. Visit CPA verify or the licensee search, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure when your credential expires.
- Complete the required Continuing Professional Education (CPE) by December 31 the year prior to the expiration of your credential.
- Log your completed CPE for which you have acceptable CPE documentation into the "CPE Tracker" tool located in your online services account through SecureAccess Washington (SAW).
- You must log enough CPE to meet the renewal requirements before the application will allow you to move forward.
- We recommend logging your CPE throughout your CPE reporting period as you complete it, rather than logging it all at once when it’s time to submit your renewal application.
- Submit the online renewal application through your SAW online services account.
- Pay the renewal fee:
- The fee for renewal is $230.
- Between May 1 and June 30, renewal applications must also include a $100 late fee.
CPE Documentation Submission:
- While you are required to log your completed CPE in the CPE Tracker, you are only required to upload your CPE documentation (course completion certificates, etc.), if:
- You are notified that you have been selected for CPE audit.
- You are requesting a CPE Extension.
- You must keep your CPE records for three years after the end of the reporting period for which the credit was claimed.
If you do not renew or retire on or before June 30 of your renewal year, your credential will lapse effective July 1.
You may not use the title CPA or CPA-Inactive or exercise the privileges related to those titles if your credential is lapsed.