Not Enough CPE to Renew - CPE Extension Requests
CPE extensions are requested on your renewal application. You can request a CPE extension for any reason per the updated CPE extension request rule effective January 1, 2020. The major changes are listed below. Please see WAC 4-30-134(3) for the full rule.
- CPE extension requests are no longer limited to cases of individual hardship.
- Any individual who fails to complete the required CPE by the end of their CPE reporting period can request an extension prior to their expiration date.
- An individual is only allowed one CPE extension in any two consecutive CPE reporting periods (six year period).
- Extension requests will be accepted from January 1 through June 30 of the renewal period.
- The self-reported deficiency (or prelapsed reinstatement) process has been eliminated.
To Request a CPE Extension
- Complete your required Continuing Professional Education (CPE) by your June 30 expiration date.
- Log your completed CPE into the “CPE Tracker” tool located in your online services account through SecureAccess Washington (SAW).
- Upload acceptable CPE documentation (course completion certificates, etc.) into the “CPE Tracker” tool for all CPE claimed.
- Submit the online renewal application through your SAW online services account.
- Answer the CPE completion questions appropriately indicating that your CPE was not completed by December 31.
- This will take you to the CPE Extension request questions.
- Pay the renewal fee.
- The fee for renewal is $230.
- Between May 1 and June 30, renewal applications must include a $100 late fee.
Failure to complete the steps above on or before June 30 will result in a lapse of your credential on July 1.
Any CPE carried back to the prior CPE reporting period cannot be counted again in your current CPE reporting period towards your next renewal. Please refer to Board Rule WAC 4-30-134(3).