Not Enough CPE to Renew - CPE Extension Requests
CPE extensions can be requested on your renewal application from January 1 through June 30.
Request a CPE Extension if:
- You did not complete your required CPE by the end of your CPE reporting period (December 31 the year prior to your renewal year), but you were able to complete your required CPE before your June 30 expiration date.
- You did not meet your 20-hour minimum annual CPE requirement for one or more years in your reporting period.
CPE Extension Limitations
- An individual is only allowed one CPE extension in any two consecutive CPE reporting periods (six-year period). WAC 4-30-134(3)(c)
- If you requested and were granted a CPE extension for your previous renewal, you are not eligible for a CPE extension for your current renewal period.
- Do not submit a renewal application
- Allow your license to lapse on July 1
- Reinstate your license at any time once it has lapsed
How to Request a CPE Extension
- Complete your required Continuing Professional Education (CPE) by your June 30 expiration date.
- Log your completed CPE into the CPE Tracker tool located in our online services.
- Upload acceptable CPE documentation (course completion certificates, etc.) into the CPE Tracker tool for all CPE claimed.
- Submit your renewal application through your online services.
- Answer the CPE completion questions appropriately indicating that your CPE was not completed by December 31, or your 20-hour minimum annual CPE requirement was not met.
- This will take you to the CPE Extension request questions.
- Pay the renewal fee.
- The fee for renewal is $230.
- Between May 1 and June 30, renewal applications include a $100 late fee.
Failure to renew by June 30 will result in a lapse of your credential on July 1.
Any CPE carried back to the prior CPE reporting period cannot be counted again in your current CPE reporting period towards your next renewal. Please refer to Board Rule WAC 4-30-134(3).