Board Rule-Making 2020: Firm Licensing
After holding a public rule-making hearing on January 31, 2020, the Board amended the following rule:
- WAC 4-30-112 Must a firm holding a license from another state apply and maintain a Washington state license to hold out and practice in Washington state?
The Board amended the rule to:
- Rename the rule
- Eliminate the firm licensing requirement for CPA firms that do not perform or offer attest or compilation services
- Align the rule with the firm licensing requirements per Chapter 18.04 RCW, which were changed with the passage of HB 1208
The Board’s Rule Making Order (CR-103) filing is available:
- Online through the Washington State Register – WSR 20-04-090
- By email request to the Board at email@example.com
The changes will take effect March 6, 2020.