Convert Your CPA-Inactive Certificate to a License
If you hold a current Washington State CPA-Inactive certificate, you must:
- Verify that your experience is qualified and complete an Experience Affidavit
- The completed Experience Affidavit and a copy of your resume or summary of key job responsibilities must be uploaded to your application.
- If you already have approved experience on file with the Board or you previously held a Washington State CPA license, you do not need to submit an experience affidavit and resume or summary of key job responsibilities.
- Complete the required Continuing Professional Education (CPE):
- Log your completed CPE into the “CPE Tracker” tool located in your online services account through Secure Access Washington (SAW).
- Upload acceptable CPE documentation (course completion certificates, etc.) into the “CPE Tracker” tool for all CPE claimed.
- Submit the online convert to license application through your SAW online services account.
- No fee is required with this application.
Note: Once you obtain a CPA license, you may not go back to certificate status.