You are here

Home » Individual Licensing » Convert Your CPA-Inactive Certificate to a License

Convert Your CPA-Inactive Certificate to a License

How Do I...

Also See...

If you hold a current Washington State CPA-Inactive certificate, you must:

  1. Verify that your experience is qualified and complete an Experience Affidavit  
    • The completed Experience Affidavit and a copy of your resume or summary of key job responsibilities must be uploaded to your application.
    • If you already have approved experience on file with the Board or you previously held a Washington State CPA license, you do not need to submit an experience affidavit and resume or summary of key job responsibilities.
  2. Complete the required Continuing Professional Education (CPE):
    • Log your completed CPE into the “CPE Tracker” tool located in your online services account through Secure Access Washington (SAW). 
    • Upload acceptable CPE documentation (course completion certificates, etc.) into the “CPE Tracker” tool for all CPE claimed. 
  3. Submit the online convert to license application through your SAW online services account.
  4. No fee is required with this application.

Note: Once you obtain a CPA license, you may not go back to certificate status.

You may not use the title CPA until the Board approves your application and your status updates on the licensee search or CPAverify.